Featured Post

The Science of Getting Rich: CHAPTER VII [excerpt] by Wallace D. Wattles #Gratitude

--- Gratitude THE ILLUSTRATIONS GIVEN IN THE LAST CHAPTER will have conveyed to the reader the fact that the first step toward getting ...

Monday, February 28, 2011

This is f'ing Squirrly - #Planet #Earth

---

Just an observation from last year.. We have lived where we currently live for about 5 years now.. Behind our house is a large open grassy field with a line of woods along the far edge. This is a perfect habitat for many animals and we greatly enjoy watching the deer, turkey, raccoon, opossum & birds. (Ok.. not the opossum so much..)

We feed the birds in our backyard just to get a closer look at them.. So, like most people, we had always had one particular pest to worry about also..

Squirrels..

Lots of them.. I personally don't like them, guess I might be an animal racist I don't know.. But they would constantly steal our bird seed even throwing our bird feeders to the ground at times.. So I shot them when I got the chance.. F'ing little rats with a long tail..

Every year that we have lived here the squirrels have formed seemingly organized raids on our bird feeders.. LOTS of them on a daily basis..

Which brings me to the oddity of last year.. NO squirrels! I might have seen ONE or TWO all of last year! Spring, summer and fall..

Are they secretly massing a huge army to take over our backyard? Or have they simply disappeared? And if they ARE gone, where did they go? And why?

Does anyone else out there find it odd that an entire thriving squirrel population would simply vanish over the course of one year?

I must admit that it spooks me a little..

Greg

3 comments:

  1. NO GREG YOU SHOT THEM ALL!!! I'm calling Peta! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. ---

    You're calling (PETA?) People Eating Tasty Animals?

    I didn't EAT them!

    LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Certainly interesting. Particularly in light of all the other weirdness going on.

    ReplyDelete