Featured Post

The Science of Getting Rich: CHAPTER VII [excerpt] by Wallace D. Wattles #Gratitude

--- Gratitude THE ILLUSTRATIONS GIVEN IN THE LAST CHAPTER will have conveyed to the reader the fact that the first step toward getting ...

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Urgent: Saturday #Mall #Report

---
Please excuse the mess in this post... I'm considering sprinkling posts with #hashmarks from now on. Mainly in case #blogs become easily searchable by #hashmarks in the near future.

I also have something of a #crazy #idea in creating my own #specialized #queries to store within the #twitter #database #system. And would like to do likewise on the #blog if possible. The possibly of storing queries in the twitter database system in a way very similar to using #stored #procedures in any database application is intriguing to me...
---

As you might know, I do these periodically...

ALERT: #Sheeple were everywhere!

There was even music provided for the sheeple by a #xylophone band. I have to admit they were pretty amazing :) Think Jethro Tull maybe... Sort of a mix between medieval and carnival music. Interesting... There were a large group of sheeple gathered for the performance.

For the most part they all looked like they had gone back to sleep... or failed to ever awaken ;) I guess that is sometimes alternatively described as #feeling #better #about the #economy. There was quite a bit of #consumer #product #consumption going on... Bags of consumer goods on many a sheeple's arm. Young and old alike pretty much.

Overall the sheeple were pretty thick throughout the mall and #consuming #consumables as well...

The #corporations are fighting hard to create some #consumer #spending. They even forced us to buy a few items today, I must report... Damn them... lol

Mrs Warrior bought two very nice sweaters for work that were originally 44.00 each for a grand total of 18.00 for the pair!

Is there a #profit #margin left in a sweater that is marked down 80 percent? That's what I was wondering... I have always pretty much thought of mark-up as being somewhere around 40% but I have been doubting that a bit for the last couple of years... If there is still a profit left at all then obviously it would mean that #retailers have been F'ing sheeple for a long time on price wouldn't it? If those #bastards can turn a profit with an 80% discount then they should be locked up for stealing in my opinion...

I bought 8.00 worth of 'used' Kenny Wayne Shepherd Well worth the money in my opinion ;) Too bad Stevie Ray left us...

We saw a few other #value #shoppers at the 70% and 80% #discount racks. But I would say that the majority of them were between the ages of 50 and 70. Like us lol With #age comes #wisdom, what can I say lol

I would love to see the day when ALL #shoppers in any retailer would at least look at the heavily discounted racks of consumer goods just to see if there is anything there that they might like... #Wishful #thinking...

Consumers/shoppers need to realize that they control the prices that retailers charge... It's really quite that simple. If everyone could just get on the same page and refuse to be #over #charged for #merchandise...

We went in The #Yankee #Candle #Company. We do once in awhile. Their prices are outrageously ridiculous in my book... They want 2.00 apiece for some dinky little candle... Jeeze... But we sometimes go in there just to 'sniff around'... lol

Of course it's almost impossible to know if the sheeple are using #credit #cards, #debit cards or #cash for the most part... However, be advised that there did appear to be some #spending going on today.. Just sayin'...

I suppose I should also mention the fact that the weather may have been a factor. It hasn't been too great around here lately, #snow and #cold, and many sheeple may have been tired of being couped up at home lately. What better way to spend a chilly Saturday afternoon than scooping up some consumer goods at the mall? lol

Listening to that Kenny Wayne Shepherd and drinking some nice #Sinless #Pastry #coffee right now :)

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

Greg

2 comments:

  1. http://www.wholesaledeals.co.uk/offer-category/wholesale-Clothing_and_Fashion-1-10-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!

    I had some #sinless pastry the other #day!@! I think it was outta the bag you and Mrs. Warri&or bought me a looo*ng time a(go.

    ReplyDelete