NOTE: This is not the complete article.
Be sure to click here to view the entire article
From our friends The Oathkeepers
Oct. 1, 2013
WHY WE ARE DOING THIS:
In addition to this being part of our mission anyway, we feel like we are flat running out of time and we need to get as prepared as possible as fast as possible. The Oath Keepers national Board of Directors war-gamed what we think is the most likely move by our enemies to scrap the Constitution. On the BOD at the time were a Special Forces Major, an Army Ranger, and a Marine Scout-sniper veteran, as well as a retired Navy Commander and several Vietnam combat vets, and several other combat arms veterans. Playing devil’s advocate, and putting themselves in the enemy’s shoes, we estimated that the most effective course for “them” to follow would be to:
1. Intentionally trigger a catastrophic economic collapse as an economic “neutron bomb” (kills the people, but leaves the land intact). With the current intentional lack of a Strategic Grain Reserve, our population is in a strategic “checkmate” position where an economic collapse could be a near-extinction event for our population. During the Cold War, the U.S. government maintained three years worth of grain in a Strategic Grain Reserve for the entire US population because they knew that in the wake of a nuclear exchange with the Soviet Union, it could take three years to recover and grow crops again. Without that reserve, those who survived the exchange would starve to death before they could possibly restart growing enough food. We now have no such Strategic food reserve, which means that any catastrophic interruption in food delivery could kill millions of Americans. Such a disruption could occur because of even a limited nuclear exchange, an EMP strike (either man-made, or natural, as a result of solar activity), or, an economic collapse.
Currently, our economy is in such a weak state that an economic collapse could be intentionally triggered at any time. Because of the lack of a food reserve, and because few Americans store food on their own, such a collapse would lead to mass starvation, just like in the aftermath of a nuclear exchange.
The US government is spending billions of dollars on ammunition, armored vehicles, and weapons for DHS and local police. It is spending nothing on food for the people. They are preparing to control and contain us, and to shoot us, but not preparing to feed us. Why is that? You know the answer.
2. Let the country descend into chaos. A national economic collapse would be like a “national Katrina” but lasting far longer, and because it is nation-wide, it would be far more intense. The cities would implode. All the government would have to do is contain them and let them implode. in the midst of that chaos, they could also do a decapitation strike on the leaders of the liberty movement, but other than that, “They” could just sit back and wait a month, two months, or three to be really sure the people are at a maximum level of starvation, weakness, and chaos, and then:
3. Ride in like the cavalry, to “save” us by means of martial law and scrapping our constitution once-and-for all. They could blame the collapse on the so-called “free market” and on not having enough government power, and they could blame delays in relief on the “extremists” in the patriot movement (i.e. “we would have gotten the food trucks in sooner, but the extremists were ambushing our safety check-points and resisting the necessary relocation to relief camps”). Their ready to go solution would be a world-wide version of the Fed, and a world wide government. People would be told to “just turn in your guns, and you’ll get food” and “just turn in the extremists, and you’ll get food.”
To the above, we now add Brandon Smith’s insight that with a war in Syria, the elites can trigger an economic collapse with a war – with Russia and China using economics as a weapon in retaliation. All China would have to do is dump US treasuries and refuse to trade with US dollars. That would begin the final death-spiral of the dollar.
The Chinese would be blamed for the collapse, rather than the banksters. “They” would tell the American people that the evil Chinese are to blame for the death of the dollar, and anyone who resists the “emergency measures” by the US government would be accused of aiding the enemy. They would say “domestic extremists took advantage of the Chinese economic attack on us to push their own racist and extremist anti-government agenda, making the collapse worse by attacking peace-keepers and international relief volunteers, and by attacking and resisting US officials who were trying to restore law and order.”
It is because of the systemic weakness of the American people, and our strategic checkmate position of having no strategic food storage and no effective local security, that we feel the need to take Oath Keepers operational and put our focus on each chapter being a training cadre to get their communities as prepared and organized as possible in whatever time we have left.
We urge you to presume the worst in the short term, and to work in three or four month sprints – assume that a collapse will be triggered this fall/winter and do all you can to get yourselves and your communities ready.
If it doesn’t happen in the next four months, then do another sprint, of three or four more months of preparation. And keep going until it happens – which it will eventually, no matter what anyone does. The dollar is doomed.
We encourage each individual to build a food reserve, to set aside food for their neighbors (10% of their food is for others), and to have basic communications (at least a hand-held dual band radio), basic medical, and water purification, shelter, and weapons and ammo. We will post more details on our recommendations for preparedness in a follow-up post.
Everyone is encouraged to use the above team building model and template to build a team within their family, extended family, and friends, and to then do the same in their neighborhoods, and in their civic organizations. From the individual, to the family, neighborhood, civic org, town, county, and state. Bottom up.
OK. Let us know how to improve the above.
For the Republic,
Founder and President of Oath Keepers
PS - As a reminder and clarification, from the beginning of Oath Keepers we have had two prongs to our mission:
1. Reinforce the oath-keeping of the current serving.
2. Reinforce the oath-keeping of the veterans (and any citizens who want to join us in our efforts).
From the start, we have been about more than just RTI to the current serving, and well over a year ago we launched our Operation Sleeping Giant, to help put more focus on waking up veterans groups and on the critical need for people to implement preparedness, security, economic independence, and local sovereignty, in their local communities as part of our effort to restore the Republic from the ground up.
However, that aspect of our mission has still not gotten the attention it deserves among our members. All too often I see and hear members describing their mission as just “RTI” to the current serving and not fully implementing the other half of our strategy.
So, to bring that second prong of our mission back where it belongs – with equal attention paid to it along with RTI to the current serving – we will be including the Operation Sleeping Giant mission on our main website, rather than having it on some sister-site (which is not getting it done).
And, most importantly, we will be instructing our members, and our local and state chapters, to form up into operational mutual-aid and community-aid teams, just like we are asking the veterans groups to do. Some of our local chapters are already doing this, but we need to make it a nation-wide effort, and a main part of our mission.
We have been asking VFW halls, Marine Corps League halls, etc. to see themselves as a unit, as a source of stability and aid to their communities, as the pool of manpower that can serve as a civil defense unit for their town and county, as the Sheriff’s Posse, and as a pool of manpower that can serve as the militia for their community (preferably established by formal act of their city or county government). Likewise for churches, neighborhood watches, etc.
If we are going to ask veterans groups, and neighborhood watches, to see themselves as such a unit, then we need to do the same within our own org, and especially within our local chapters at the town and county level. That way, when we talk to veterans groups, we won’t be asking them to do anything that we are not doing ourselves, and we can also work out the bugs and have a working model for what we want them to do.
The ultimate goal is not to have all the veterans join Oath Keepers and have a bunch of Oath Keepers teams doing all the work in each town and county. Instead, the ultimate goal is for us to help them get their already existing veterans orgs organized into well trained (and training), well equipped, and organized teams. And, even broader than that, the goal is to enlist their help in then establishing strong neighborhood watches throughout their community, and then strong town and county level civil-defense units, posse, and ultimately, strong town and county militia, on the way to fully restoring the state militia.
As I said above, think of this as a Special Forces type mission. SF can do direct action, but their primary job, and what makes them a serious force multiplier, is to train and then lead others.
An SF A team is first and foremost a cadre of teachers, who help organize and train others to take care of themselves.
That is how we should see ourselves. Our primary job is not to have Oath Keepers try to be the security force in our towns and counties, but to help the entire community, and key parts of it, get their crap wired tight so they can take care of themselves. That way, we are a force multiplier, much like SF. Trust me, our enemies will not be happy about us doing this! They would much rather we try to form ourselves into some exclusive, members-only “militia” that will only get so big. They don’t want us going into already existing veterans orgs and reactivating those veterans and helping them turn their local VFW into a working unit. Nor do they want us to help folks establish effective neighborhood watches (with teeth) and effective mutual aid associations in churches, Tea Party groups, and at the town and county level. Nor do they want us to help form up a posse to back a good sheriff.
So, let’s do what they don’t want us to do.
And let’s lead by example for the following reasons:
1. So we walk our talk. We can say with a straight face that we are not asking anyone else to do anything we are not doing ourselves.
2. So we have a working model of what we want other groups to do, where we work out the bugs on what works, and what doesn’t, and which they can adopt as an easy, “turn-key” solution, with our recommended structure, SOPs, recommended training priorities, and equipment lists. Of course, they can adapt and modify what we do to their particular needs, but at least we can offer them a good start by our own example.
3. So we have a solid training cadre of specialists in key skills who can then work to replicate themselves both within our org and also within the broader community. And a big part of that replication will be to get other veterans orgs to realize they already have members of their halls who have unique knowledge who can serve as their own version of an operational team as well as a cadre of trainers who then go out and train others in the community.
Good work & good luck Oathkeepers.. Here's what you / we are up against..
Garden Plot / CONPLAN 2502 (Civil Disturbance Operations)