Featured Post

The Science of Getting Rich: CHAPTER VII [excerpt] by Wallace D. Wattles #Gratitude

--- Gratitude THE ILLUSTRATIONS GIVEN IN THE LAST CHAPTER will have conveyed to the reader the fact that the first step toward getting ...

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Update: #God, #prayer, country living, satellite internet, #news and #trading

---

I continue to be quite amazed (and those of you who know me know I'm not easily amazed lol).

Amazed by what? My prayer experiment.. (As first blogged here)

Since that post, and this one with pics of the new yard, good things continue to happen.

Since then I have stumbled into a free riding mower (that I have yet to pick up) and a bunch on free cinder blocks (ditto, not yet picked up) which I intend to build a burn pit with.

Living in the country requires some lifestyle changes. There is SO MUCH to do! Most days I end up sore and tired by the end of the day. However, thankfully there is a lot of instant gratification involved as the property takes shape. And I still thank God pretty much all day, everyday, for the wonderful opportunities He has given me.

1 Thessalonians 5:17
King James Version (KJV)
17 Pray without ceasing.

To me, personally, and I'm certainly not "ordained" or anything lol, "Pray without ceasing" simply means to be forever grateful to God in your heart.

Still dealing with this limited internet access model.. At the moment restricted to 10 gigabytes bandwidth per month.. We had cable for 37 years and before the move I downloaded some software, checked and discovered that using the internet with no changes I was using somewhere around 150 gigabytes of bandwidth per month. So, needless to say, dropping from 150 gigabytes usage to 10 gigabytes has been spooky on the face of it.

I'll be upgrading my bandwidth soon to the max (I think) of 25 gigabytes per month & try to learn to live with that. Of course that's a lot more f'ing worthless fiat too, for the upgrade, bastards..

So lately not even doing a very good job of keeping up with the news either.. But keeping up "enough" to see that everything is still majorly F'ED! LMAO

As a result of the move, and associated life changes, I have changed my trading style a bit for the time being. Before the move I tended to trade m15 / m5 / m1 charts based on higher time frames (ie; h4, daily, maybe h1). Those trades tended to last from a few to several hours on average and on occasion maybe a day or two. At the moment my trades are based on the longer term as I'm looking for OB/OS conditions on a daily basis and, generally speaking, willing to wait a week or two for a move in my favor.

This is subject to change without notice.

Thanks to everyone for your patience and truly wishing all my great trader friends all the success in the world.

Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment