Featured Post

The Science of Getting Rich: CHAPTER VII [excerpt] by Wallace D. Wattles #Gratitude

--- Gratitude THE ILLUSTRATIONS GIVEN IN THE LAST CHAPTER will have conveyed to the reader the fact that the first step toward getting ...

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Some thoughts on #prayer

---

As some of you may know I have really been struggling with the concept of prayer for a little while now..

I'm an extremely logical person, a realist.. I believe in facts and proof, not rumors and fairy tales..

So when it came to actual prayer it was beginning a prayer by saying "God" that bothered me.. I could not conceptually, logically, convince myself that there was a specific being located somewhere in the "heavens" just waiting for me to ask for world peace, or whatever.. I mean it felt way too much like talking to an imaginary friend..

Please do not take me the wrong way.. I believe in God.. There is a history book called the Holy Bible that tells us all about God, our own creation, how we are to live and behave. Pretty much the history of humanity..

It was just the simple act of personally speaking to someone who did not, specifically, reply back to me, who I could not see that I could not seem to rectify with logic.

I have studied about it some.. and I have prayed about it some.

Here is a bit of biblical reference.

---

Luke 11
New International Version (NIV)

Jesus’ Teaching on Prayer

11 One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, “Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.”

2 He said to them, “When you pray, say:

“‘Father,[a]
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come.[b]
3 Give us each day our daily bread.
4 Forgive us our sins,
for we also forgive everyone who sins against us.[c]
And lead us not into temptation.[d]’”

5 Then Jesus said to them, “Suppose you have a friend, and you go to him at midnight and say, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves of bread; 6 a friend of mine on a journey has come to me, and I have no food to offer him.’ 7 And suppose the one inside answers, ‘Don’t bother me. The door is already locked, and my children and I are in bed. I can’t get up and give you anything.’ 8 I tell you, even though he will not get up and give you the bread because of friendship, yet because of your shameless audacity[e] he will surely get up and give you as much as you need.

9 “So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

11 “Which of you fathers, if your son asks for[f] a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

---

1 Corinthians 3:16
King James Version (KJV)
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

---

Exodus 31:3
and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with wisdom, with understanding, with knowledge and with all kinds of skills—

2 Chronicles 1:10
Give me wisdom and knowledge, that I may lead this people, for who is able to govern this great people of yours?”

2 Chronicles 1:11
God said to Solomon, “Since this is your heart’s desire and you have not asked for wealth, possessions or honor, nor for the death of your enemies, and since you have not asked for a long life but for wisdom and knowledge to govern my people over whom I have made you king,

2 Chronicles 1:12
therefore wisdom and knowledge will be given you. And I will also give you wealth, possessions and honor, such as no king who was before you ever had and none after you will have.”

1 Kings 4:29
God gave Solomon wisdom and very great insight, and a breadth of understanding as measureless as the sand on the seashore.

---

Be forewarned that I am an Ancient Aliens theorist enthusiast ;)

I guess maybe I'm weird but here's where I think all this seems to point..

If the Anunnaki modified our DNA thousands of years ago that would pretty much make them gods to me..

If some alien race, or God, at some point in our distant past gave humanity the ability to think, to reason, to feel compassion and love by splicing their own DNA into our own that qualifies them to me.

Check this out.. What if the Holy Spirit within us = our alien DNA?

Psalm 51:11
Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.

Daniel 4:8
Finally, Daniel came into my presence and I told him the dream. (He is called Belteshazzar, after the name of my god, and the spirit of the holy gods is in him.)

Daniel 4:9
I said, “Belteshazzar, chief of the magicians, I know that the spirit of the holy gods is in you, and no mystery is too difficult for you. Here is my dream; interpret it for me.

Daniel 4:18
“This is the dream that I, King Nebuchadnezzar, had. Now, Belteshazzar, tell me what it means, for none of the wise men in my kingdom can interpret it for me. But you can, because the spirit of the holy gods is in you.”

Daniel 5:11
There is a man in your kingdom who has the spirit of the holy gods in him. In the time of your father he was found to have insight and intelligence and wisdom like that of the gods. Your father, King Nebuchadnezzar, appointed him chief of the magicians, enchanters, astrologers and diviners.

Genesis 2:9
The LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Genesis 2:17
but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

Genesis 3:5
“For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

Genesis 3:22
And the LORD God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”


This all seems to say to me that prayer is the form of communication we have with ourselves.. though not exactly ourselves.. but it's how we communicate with our alien DNA, or the Holy Spirit within us.

The bible stresses love / fear of the almighty God. And that we should have a yearning for wisdom and understanding. And that the first of the law is love.

I have almost reached the conclusion that prayer is essentially the same as deep meditation. That it is how we commune with our inner self or Holy Spirit. That prayer can be used to modify our own behavior, to reprogram who we are, what we think, how we act.

That this truly does put everything within our reach due to the glory of God.

Ecclesiastes 1:10-11
10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

11 There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.

Greg ;)

1 comment: