Featured Post

The Science of Getting Rich: CHAPTER VII [excerpt] by Wallace D. Wattles #Gratitude

--- Gratitude THE ILLUSTRATIONS GIVEN IN THE LAST CHAPTER will have conveyed to the reader the fact that the first step toward getting ...

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Random FX Rants

---

My problem is sometimes I think I f'ing KNOW what's going 2 happen & I'm dead wrong to make it worse I chase.. This is because what works perfectly one day is JUST AS LIKELY to fail miserably the next day!

Level touch & rejection, downtrend, closing below multiple 13 EMAs & as a hedge on my uj.. Or.. all systems go everything I'm watching says lower

All I know is taking a day job as a janitor is becoming more & more a dream of mine ;)

Broke that trend line.. ej

I have 10 locked in but expecting more downside.. Mucho pips ;)

You were below the 13 EMA & attempting to break a trend line.. That makes sense to me..

It's all BS man.. that's why U can make 350 pips one day & lose 350 pips the next

You can do exactly the SAME f'ing thing two days in a row & one day it works perfect & the next not at all It's BS

Momentum candle closed below 13 EMA & then momentum candle closed above 13 EMA.. It's impossible 2 depend on anything

Closed below the last trend line support, rose above the last trend line.. It's impossible to deal with..

We are only kidding ourselves if we think we can trade.. there is SOMETHING going on.. Something that we STILL do not understand

B/c the f'ing charts always say long, no short, no long, no short, no long, no short..

So & so says the euro will climb as do you..

They ALL can ALWAYS go both ways! That's my point.. Especially when stops are involved.. What works one time may not the next

Here's what I am talking about & also what pisses me off.. http://twitpic.com/4wo0kb You tell me why this happens

Anything that WORKS on h4 &/or daily MUST also work the same on m5 / m1 If not then it is simply UNRELIABLE!

That is simple logic! We are ALL looking for CONSISTENCY! Something that works RELIABLY all the time on all time frames. If that is not the case then it is NEITHER consistent OR reliable!

I'm thinking about taking much more than one day off If everyone quit trading maybe it would collapse Maybe we're part of the problem just by continuing to play their rigged financial market games

It's f'ing gambling, period.. I may switch to on-line poker instead

Why do we have a million different indicators? Why do we constantly CHANGE the way we trade? B/c NOTHING works CONSISTENTLY across time frames!

Sometimes we get LUCKY.. that's all there is to it..

Yen is killing the dollar.. Yet aud & euro surging against the yen.. It's all a f'ing LIE..

I fall for every f'ing trick every f'ing time! I'm the biggest f'ing CHUMP on the planet!

Mon/Teus 18 wins 7 losses

Since 3 wins 15 losses

Total 21 - 22 net -35 pips

So am I great trader on Mondays & Tuesdays but suck on wed & Thursdays?

Some days I know EXACTLY what to do because of my amazing chart reading skills? But other days I'm as clueless as the newest of newbies?

That makes absolutely NO f'ing sense..

I got pissed & shorted some more so WTF happened? They came up, took all my stops to the pip & then reversed..

All of it is BS.. What works on h4 doesn't on m5 What works on m5 doesn't on h1 What works on m30 doesn't on daily..

What works in fact does NOT work.. What works changes constantly and for a f'ing REASON.. That reason is money.. Primary Dealers want it all and they are NOT shy about taking it.

When/if something works great on m5 one day it is just as likely to fail miserably the next day.. So OH the time frame is my problem! I should be trading m30, or h4 or daily.. NO! It's the SAME on EVERY time frame! One day it may work perfectly and the next day NOT AT ALL! No MATTER the time frame!

OH! So it must be the indicators I use then?! I need to change them and find some indicators that are actually reliable.. They DON'T f'ing EXIST!

OH! So if indicators lag and are not at all consistent then why not just throw them out altogether and trade without them?!

What time frame are you going to trade? Are you still going to use levels? The SAME levels that work PERFECTLY one day and NOT AT ALL the next day? Are you going to use the same fib levels that always work yesterday when you were not in the market but always FAIL when you are?

Technically speaking what works on one time frame one day HAS to work on EVERY time frame every day or it is NOT consistent! It CANNOT be relied on!

I've had it man..

It's ME! It HAS to be me.. Maybe I'm too greedy because I want more pips? Maybe I'm not greedy enough because I cut my winners short? Maybe I'm too fearful of missing a trade? Maybe I stay out when I know I should be in? Maybe working 12 hours a day is not enough? Maybe I should be working 16 hours a day? Or maybe I work too hard? Maybe I should be working one hour a day? Maybe I need to use tighter stops? Or maybe I need to use wider stops? Or maybe I shouldn't use stops at all? Maybe I need to learn when to stay OUT of the market? Maybe I need to learn when to be IN the market? Maybe if I ONLY trade on Monday and Friday between 8:30 am & 11:30 am? Maybe if I keep this indicator but tweak it a little? Maybe if I throw everything in the trash and just start over from scratch?

Maybe I'm tired of being made a f'ing fool?

So.. let the revenge trading begin..

Everything I have ever done in my life I can tell after about 4 years whether I AM going to be able to do it well or I am NOT going to be able to do it well..

At one point in my life I was an office machine repairman. For 17 years of my life actually. Why? Because I was good at it. Damn good. After about 4 years of it I KNEW I was damn good. I GOT it and I had a strong desire not to BE an office machine repairman but to be the BEST office machine repairman.

At one point in my life I was a computer programmer. I wrote software for 25 years. Why? Because I LOVED it! Because I GOT it! Because I was GOOD at it and I was determined not to be a computer programmer but to be the BEST computer programmer! I landed my first programming job with a big publicly traded company and after about 4 years I was I was in solid. I had written and supported so much crap for them that they HAD to have me. They couldn't live without me. And they paid for that.

So I left.. I went to a company that went bankrupt a few years later in 2003 and I lost my job.

At the time, like so many people today, we had too much debt. And the loss of 60% of our income was difficult to say the least. Also like now, jobs were hard to come by. But I had unemployment, first. And then I had extended unemployment.

And then, one fine day, I got the job I had always dreamed of having.. I was a big shot executive computer programmer for Kansas City Southern Railroad. Complete with railroad benefits (look them up). I worked in a beautiful office in downtown Kansas City. One among many of the IT staff.

So I left..

And now I trade.. I have been trading FX since 2007. That makes 2011 4 years doesn't it?

I'm tired of being made a f'ing fool? I don't take failure lightly. However, after 4 years of working my ass off I'm still not sure I GET IT! And I'm beginning to have serious doubts that I ever will. I'm still not sure I can be the BEST forex trader.

To be honest.. after 4 years it SEEMS like all that matters in the forex market is which market direction would net the most money for Primary Dealers?

Primary Dealers can SEE everyone's stop losses.. They SEE where these accumulate. They SEE layers of stop losses and entry orders.

They also happen to control 73% of FX trading volume..

"Their activities extend well beyond the Treasury market, for example, according to the Wall Street Journal Europe (2/9/06 p. 20), all of the top ten dealers in the foreign exchange market are also primary dealers, and between them account for almost 73% of forex trading volume."

And to be honest it "seems" to me like market direction is determined by colluding Primary Dealers guiding it cooperatively to suck up as many stop losses, and hence profits, as possible..

Call me paranoid if you want.. I don't really give a F

Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment