Featured Post

The Science of Getting Rich: CHAPTER VII [excerpt] by Wallace D. Wattles #Gratitude

--- Gratitude THE ILLUSTRATIONS GIVEN IN THE LAST CHAPTER will have conveyed to the reader the fact that the first step toward getting ...

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Ancient_Warrior Shopping

---
We did it!

We SPENT MONEY! In the name of Christmas no less!

So here is Ancient_Warrior dipping his toes into 'consumerism'... Mingling in with the 'shopper class'... I don't think they even realized it was me ;)

Here is our Day After Christmas shopping extravaganza...

I bought 'myself' (I'm so selfish...) a couple of books at our B. Dalton book sellers at the mall... They are 'going out of business' in Joplin and as a result ALL of their books were 40% off... I took advantage of that fact to pick up a copy of 'End the FED' -Ron Paul's best seller... Retail was 21.99 and I picked it up for 13.19 after a discount of 8.80.

I also picked up a copy of 'Game Over: How you can prosper in a shattered economy' -Stephen Leeb, PhD to see if I can glean any ideas on how better to position myself for the coming crash/disaster... Retail on it was 25.99 so with my 40% 'discount' (whatever...) I saved 10.40 and grabbed it for 15.59...

Only other thing I picked up for myself was a CD by Deftones -Adrenaline Not sure how good it is as I haven't yet listened to it... But I am a Deftones fan so... I 'bought' it at Sam Goody's, ALSO going out of business here... It was 'marked' 13.99. I got a 40% discount and then they gave me an unexpected additional 10% off at the register, which was kinda cool... So I got the 13.99 CD for 7.55 Not bad...

But... as usual... Mrs. Warrior kicked my a$$ in the savings department...

So did her 'shopping' at Macy's department store for new clothes for work...

She grabbed a 79.00 skirt for 75% off plus an additional 15% store coupon making her total on it 8.39! She got the same deal on 4 additional name branded items sweater 34.00 for 7.22, sweater 40.00 for 8.50, sweater 34.00 for 7.22 and sweater 44.00 for 9.35...

So... Mrs. Warrior got 234.00 worth of 'merchandise' for a grand total of 43.86, including taxes... Damn... that girl is GOOD!

lol

Happy Holidays to everyone! Enjoy your holiday and 'shopping'.

We all have to buy SOMETHING... Make it count!

Greg

Oh boy... Mrs. Warrior just got back home and I have a late 'update'...

Breaking news!

I love Queen Anne (Artificially flavored) Cordial Cherries... She just grabbed some of those for 25 CENTS a box! (Retail 1.25...) And a 40 lb bag of bird seed, normally 14.95 for 9.97... For our feathered friends ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment