Featured Post

The Science of Getting Rich: CHAPTER VII [excerpt] by Wallace D. Wattles #Gratitude

--- Gratitude THE ILLUSTRATIONS GIVEN IN THE LAST CHAPTER will have conveyed to the reader the fact that the first step toward getting ...

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Voices from the past (post #2 of series)

If God is the living, vital, ever-creating Spirit that I believe he is, then he reigns not over a vast sea named Status Quo, but over a vast sea named Everlasting Life. Through that sea eternal tides are forever sweeping, and all mariners who refuse the safe harbors and dare the open sea will be borne, I believe, by those tides to the shores of ever more wondrous continents of truth and being.

I believe in life that is ever casting off it's old forms and ever emerging in new and more perfect forms. I believe that God is the creative and sustaining spirit that undergirds and broods over and moves through it all. Because I believe this, I seek and I commend to you not the first kind of certainty, where all is said and done, finished and settled and concluded, but the second kind of certainty. I seek and commend to you the certainty that believes that much remains to be said and done; the certainty that sees beyond each finished task a new and more alluring task, waiting to be undertaken; the certainty that believes God waits to reveal new splendors as we are ready to receive them.

Quoted "From Confusion to Certainty" by Boynton Merrill, D.D. copyright 1931
Used without permission.

I promise I'm NOT a preacher! lol But does this not SCREAM the TRUTH?! We MUST evolve, all of us! This system of ours has failed us miserably. Lets end it and find "ever more wondrous continents of truth and being". God IS with us, ever toiling in the background on our behalf. Forever on our side. This truly IS the end of an age. We are ALL living through history in the making. Believe with me "much remains to be said and done; the certainty that sees beyond each finished task a new and more alluring task, waiting to be undertaken; the certainty that believes God waits to reveal new splendors as we are ready to receive them."

Cast off your 'old forms' with me.

Previous post 'The status quo must go'

This 'series' is intended as a Public Service.

Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment