Featured Post

The Science of Getting Rich: CHAPTER VII [excerpt] by Wallace D. Wattles #Gratitude

--- Gratitude THE ILLUSTRATIONS GIVEN IN THE LAST CHAPTER will have conveyed to the reader the fact that the first step toward getting ...

Monday, July 27, 2009

The Pizza Chain

There is a local pizza chain here in town. I won't name them because I like their pizza but it starts with a 'D'. At any rate they had this 'deal' we always liked at my house, the three of us. It was two large two topping pizzas and chicken kickers and cheesy bread for, at the time, like 19.99. Now that was about 5, maybe even 6, years ago. Over time the price of that deal climbed to 23.99. I'm almost sure I heard not long ago that it's close to 28.00 now. For the same deal... On my calculator that looks like about a 40% INCREASE!

The Fed and Washington have been assuring us for a long time that everything is fine, interest rates are low, credit is easy and inflation is 'under control'. I guess the question I have is just exactly whose control was it under? And for what purpose? For, while we heard that inflation was 'under control' on, what seemed at times, to be a daily basis the price of nearly everything seems to have climbed a great deal to me. I truly believe the 'powers that be' have manipulated everything about our economy, that they possibly could, for a very long time now. They urged us all to spend, George Bush, post 9/11 "Go to the malls". I think that might be the moment it started. I am coming to believe that almost every sector of business is in fact a 'bubble'. Autos obviously were. The banks/financials obviously. Ditto the Mortgage companies... Credit card companies... And I believe the fast food industry has been stealing us blind for years now.

Isn't that all a 'bubble' is after all? An industry becoming so consumed by the collection of our money that they think of nothing else? Even to their own detriment?

I think utilities are a 'bubble' as well. The utility companies seem to always have their collective hands out for the rate increases that they must have. Be it to upgrade facilities, keep up with demand, whatever the flavor of the rate increase might be. I guess cap and trade would help them out a lot. Is it but one more instance of the Obama administration attempting to prevent the bursting of yet another 'bubble'?

I have already decided myself that all health care reform/legislation is designed to do is prevent the bursting of another 'bubble'. Mainly by transfering tax payer dollars to insurance companies. Because insurance companies are a 'bubble' . Ditto drug companies. 'Bubble'. The drug companies goal seems to be to get every American citizen on every applicable drug possible. As fast as possible. For revenue. They're experiencing a 'bubble' you know? I have pretty much decided a 'bubble' simply means a license to steal.

I generally call them "money grabs" myself, seems to help me spot them easier.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that inflation has been with us all along. But our Government, under George Bush and now under Barak Obama, often feel as if the truth might get in the way of how they would prefer things are perceived. I never used to believe all the "George Bush is for the rich" shrieking I heard from the left. But now I just don't know. I don't really know what to believe about America anymore. It appears to me that our Government concealed from us the truth, for their own personal gain. That they created and inflated the 'bubbles' gleefully as the cash rolled in from nearly every direction. Much of it landed with them as well you know? Like Mr. Dodd, Mr. Frank. They played us all for fools. And what wonderful fools we have been. I'm afraid that, I personally, feel it is too late for us to regain control of our country now... Not without first experiencing a great deal of pain.

I just don't play anymore. I don't play their stupid, partisan, games. I don't follow their stupid rules. A few years ago I started living the way I wanted to. Responsibly. It's great fun really. I have a tiny amount of debt on a decent car to drive. We don't really need all the 'stuff' our wonderful economy has to offer. We have each other in my house. We have family/friends elsewhere. We have food to eat. We have clothes to wear. We have utilities (damnit...), we have a roof over our heads. We don't miss Government in our lives. We don't want Government in our lives.

Maybe Washington is a 'bubble' too... They sure do seem pretty desperate to get their hands on our tax dollars...

Since I certainly I don't have a clue as far as what politician is telling me the truth. I assume none of them are, to be safe.

If we get another chance, just one more chance, to be a shining free republic I hope we do a better job. Next time... if there is a next time...

Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment