Featured Post

The Science of Getting Rich: CHAPTER VII [excerpt] by Wallace D. Wattles #Gratitude

--- Gratitude THE ILLUSTRATIONS GIVEN IN THE LAST CHAPTER will have conveyed to the reader the fact that the first step toward getting ...

Thursday, January 9, 2014

$SPX $FXA $DXY

---

I'm not sure what to make of this chart (10 year weekly).

I know I always considered $FXA [$AUDUSD] to be pretty much a "risk on" currency pair

We can see on the chart below that it trended up with the $SPX during 2006 / 2007, before the crash. And we can see that during the crash (2008, 2009) that it dropped precipitously with the $SPX. And we can see that as the $SPX soared through the middle of 2011 (thanks to central bank intervention) $FXA was a leading indicator to the upside.

So.. what's up with the odd looking crossover in early 2013 and subsequent divergent movement?

click for larger image


Not like I know.. I'm asking some of you smart people ;)

Greg

Let me know what you think on twitter @Ancient_Warrior

No comments:

Post a Comment