Featured Post

The Science of Getting Rich: CHAPTER VII [excerpt] by Wallace D. Wattles #Gratitude

--- Gratitude THE ILLUSTRATIONS GIVEN IN THE LAST CHAPTER will have conveyed to the reader the fact that the first step toward getting ...

Monday, December 6, 2010

Self #Reliance = #Budget = #Nirvana

---

Seriously, I have thought about this off and on throughout my life, since I was 15 or 16 years old..

'This' being, what if I didn't have to depend on anyone, or anything, else in the world but myself and my own ingenuity?

I used to daydream about living deep in the woods in a rustic cabin, fishing and hunting for food, taking care of myself..

Perhaps even without a smart phone or a LED HD 3D Flat Panel TV LMAO

I'm just a somewhat worn out middle aged man now.. 53 YEARS of age! Just try to imagine.. LMAO

However I STILL think about it to this day.. That's what 'dreams' are all about I suppose..

In fact, I think I may have improved on the entire fantasy now.. ;)

Just imagine, if you can..

I'd love to have just 40 or 50 acres in the real boonies. A place where, if I wanted, I could have a still to make my own liqueur, make my own wine too. And I even want to try my hand at beer.. Grow my own medicinal pot if I want to.. So far out on the edge of society that I no longer have to worry about man's laws.. Only God's laws..

But, obviously I hope, that's not to say that God wants me to get drunk and high lol

But grow my own food, produce, too. A nice large garden watered with collected rain water. Filled with organic produce. Free from genetic engineering and cancer causing pesticides and other man made additives..

A well stocked pond too, with bass, catfish and perch..

And hunt and trap for meat.. Deer, turkey, rabbit, quail, dove and maybe some duck..

Here's what my budget looks like right now.. This is pretty much where our income goes..

Housing = 21%
Food = 11%
Car payment = 8% (B/c we pay extra)
Utilities = 7.7%
electric = 2.7%
gas = 2.3%
water = 1.5%
water "mysterious customer charge" = 0.6%
sewer = 0.8%
sewer "mysterious customer charge" = 0.5%

About those mysterious "customer charges" on
the water = 0.6%
and the sewer = 0.5%

When we 'asked' the utility company about these mysterious extra
"customer charges" on our bill their answer was simply that "we are allowed,
by law, to charge those.."

Great, thanks for letting us know..

We also pay a mandatory trash pickup bill = 0.4%

I have an answer for the utility companies myself.. Dig a well on that small piece of land.

Install a septic tank to deal with waste.

Heat and cook with your own harvested wood.

I mean come on.. it's not like these things have never been done before.. At one time the were the standard..

And as for electricity spend the worthless fiat currency for a high tech solar system.. Generate MORE than you need for your own use and sell the excess to a f'ing power company.. Make them pay you!

Transportation cost (gas/fuel only) = 1%

And these we spend now.. Mostly because we are so civilized.. lol

Misc/entertainment/vices = 26%
Cable TV = 3%
Car insurance = 3%
phone = 1%

And last but not least our saving = about 5%

Add all those together and I come up with about 88.8%

100% - 88.8% = 11.2% left over which is there to cover expected and unexpected costs.. car repair, trips, major appliance purchases, whatever.. You know what I mean here lol

I have no idea how these numbers/statistics/percentages stack up as far as national averages or whatever.. And i don't really care that much..

I can live like this because we TRY to watch our spending and be sensible.. We TRY to live within our means while still having a comfortable lifestyle.. We don't BORROW money at high interest rates because we don't care about being good little debt slaves for the government, banksters, multinational corporations and retailers. We don't waste money on the latest greatest tech toys when everything we have now seems to work just fine. We try not to buy a bunch of plastic junk from China that is intentionally designed to have to be replaced right away with more cheap, slave labor Chinese junk..

*I* feel like if everyone lived like that.. Concentrate on paying yourself FIRST, treat your money with the respect it deserves (even though that is debatable now lol) All the rest of our problems would likely take care of themselves..

The banks, the government, Federal Reserve Bank, the multinational corporations, retailers and the rest would all collapse, as they already should have..

Good riddance to all is what I would have to say about it.. We'd all be much better off without them.. IMHO

it is TIME for human beings to evolve.. to improve.. To refuse to be ruled by the greed and corruption of an elite few..

Maybe America needs to return to a simpler time.. Perhaps we are a bit too progressive? Is that blasphemy?

Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment