Featured Post

The Science of Getting Rich: CHAPTER VII [excerpt] by Wallace D. Wattles #Gratitude

--- Gratitude THE ILLUSTRATIONS GIVEN IN THE LAST CHAPTER will have conveyed to the reader the fact that the first step toward getting ...

Monday, June 29, 2009

Who the Hell am I and why should I care?


Hello everyone! (Anyone????) Since this is my first ever blog post I guess I'll TRY to 'have a point' lol

First, I'm a trader. Stocks, bonds, commodities, etc... That's what I do. But... trading requires that we know about and follow SO many things. Many of these things are foreign to most people... US housing data, jobs numbers, economic news, consumer confidence, retail spending and what not. A lot of people are far too busy with the hassles and or excitement! of everyday life to give much of a whit about what their Government might or might not be up. OR what some weirdo 'trader types' might be up to either... This makes perfectly good sense, up to a point. Trouble is we are WAY beyond that particular 'point', IMHO at least. As trader's we must have some ability to see into the future, if we are to survive. This is a long term statement. We can day trade and swing trade in the short term based almost exclusively on technical indicators and momentum. But we also should have a longer term view, a macro-view. A view of where we are headed, where we are currently at along that path. For a trader, often, that means "where is our Government at?", "where is our Government headed?", "does it make sense?". Often the answer to these questions is 'less than desirable'. It is my own personal opinion that our Government has not 'drifted' but PLUNGED HEADLONG over the edge and into the abyss. It is my opinion that mankind's own Governments, in most of the developed world, are so horribly screwed up at this point that there is NO HOPE for a suitable answer, fix, whatever, at this point. It seems to me to be a world wide phenomenon. The current answer, especially here but also across the world, seems to be 'if we can just throw ENOUGH money at the problems (banks, insurance companies, auto makers, unions, healthcare, etc...) that will SURELY fix it.

At the risk of rambling... there is FAR too much apathy in this country for sure, others I know less about. But one thing I do see and understand is that there is far LESS apathy in Iran than there is in the USA... There is LESS apathy in Iraq than in the USA, there is LESS apathy in the Middle East than in the USA, less apathy in Asia as well. Are we (the good old USA) in decay? Is it possible we truly are Rome? These are some of the things I like to think about, to examine, to discuss openly (while we still are able). I hope to find many others that are interested in the topics touched on here, in my first blog post ever. lol In the end, and to close out, I think people are the answer... worldwide. People and communication. I think we are seeing it begin to occur in the world right now. Specifically in Iran. I hope the days of corrupt Government rule are near an end. I hope a new age is dawning in which man will rule himself. And I'm looking for the hundreds of thousands that want to help this become a reality... (resistance? revolution?)

Can I go to jail for saying crap like that? Not in AMERICA! Surely... no???

Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment